Biology Director, Oncology Drug Discovery Research (Small molecule)
Description of the Position:
We are currently seeking a motivated biologist with industry experience to join our San Diego research facility. The position which directly report to the SVP and can be at the Associate Director or Director level depending on the candidate’s qualifications. The candidate should have a strong passion for science and commitment to developing drugs that will make a difference in patients’ lives. The successful candidate will join a dedicated multidisciplinary drug discovery team of scientists developing small molecule inhibitors targeting key proteins implicated in cancer. The multidisciplinary team interacts across biology, chemistry, preclinical and clinical research.
Experience in drug discovery process demonstrated by contributions to the discovery of novel compounds that have advanced to clinical development is an asset. The successful candidate will be expected to work with a network of CROs and will be responsible for all aspects of in vivo studies including efficacy studies design and pharmacological assessment of drug action. Experience in vitro studies including target validation, cell-based assays and biomarker discovery is desirable. Individuals who are creative and develop novel approaches to oncology drug discovery will thrive in this position.
- Ph.D. in Biology (cell biology, cancer biology, genetics, etc.)
- 6-10 years of industry experience (pharma / biotech) is required
- Expertise in in vivo models & experience in small molecule drug discovery process
- Strong background in cancer biology/oncology drug discovery process
- MUST be a team player whose focus is to contribute to the success of the team
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary team environment required
- Must have good communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Ability work under pressure in a fast paced matrixed work environment